Tuesday 19 May 2015

40% of people won't live with Gay men.

 40% of the general population will not consider living with openly Gay men. 
I found this out by placing advertisements on the most popular share accomodation site Gumtree. 
Initially the add title said "Share gay friendly house" would get 30 - 40 hits a day.
When I changed the add to say just "Share house " would get up to or over 70 hits per day.
I find this a very interesting Freudiant slip in 2015....especially when you consider most people
looking to share a home are in their 20s. It works both ways. I have lived with many straight guys,
I never found them homophobic but we couldn't connect on a deeper level. Most where happy to
talk endlessly about their romantic or sex lives lives, but became awkward of me discussing mine.
I do have a personal preference for sharing with gay men, because we have more in common.
I'm not offended by the results, but thought it was interesting enough to share.   

No comments:

Post a Comment